My photo
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Robyne Highsmith is an accomplished artist and writer. What is life without Starbucks and chocolate?

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Meeting Chris Trotter Master Wood Carver -Brown County

I want to share the unique spots and people on the road. Decided to make a trip to one of my favorite places to escape.Tucked away in the "hills " of Indiana, is Brown County. Known as being  the "little arts center " of the Midwest, it is both  peaceful and charming.  My visits are always a little different, travel the zip line, shopping, or just admire the art.

 One Artist  has always caught my attention and in awe of his talent. On this trip I was determined to meet the maker of these wood carvings. Snooping around the shop Wooden Wonders, I noticed a handsome man  carving a tree with a chainsaw. As I walk closer, notice his piercing  eyes, My first thought, what do those eyes see in a tree, how can someone do this? He brings the trees back to life in a way they would appreciate.

I walked up and was greeted with a smile. His name is Chris Trotter. He owns Wooden Wonders Chainsaw Carving. Chris started wood carving by hand many years ago. When the economy took a downturn, his job as a commercial Carpenter ended. He picked up a chainsaw and the rest is history. Having an artistic background in this family, it was natural to have vision and create concepts into being.

People call to have an old tree in front of the house designed, benches. One of the most amazing thins in his shop, custom designed carving based on family photos. , you name it, he can make do the job.
 He is amazing and I felt blessed to meet him. Chris can be reached at 317-384-4091.







No comments: